New postdoc positions
At NETI, we are currently seeking a Post-Doctoral Fellow to join our team for a 2-year project starting in January 2024 (or upon an agreement).
The project will focus on the dynamics and socio-economic impact of collaboration networks within and across companies and organizations.
The new colleague will join one of the following research projects in the Lab:
- Dynamics of supply-chain networks across firms as observed in value-added-tax records (VAT). This unique data set allows for understanding firm behavior in urban economic environments together with labor mobility of employees, mobility of urban dwellers, firm ownership networks etc.
- Dynamics of employee collaboration from repository data. Open-access data sources of software development (eg. GitHub) and scientific collaborations (eg. OpenAlex) allow for a detailed look into how collaboration within and across organisations yields individual performance and group-level outcomes.
The post-doctoral position does not include any teaching obligations (it is 100% research), but contribution to teaching and supervising students will be possible.
Other responsibilities include:
- collaborating with other group members, international collaborators, and business partners in the research projects
- preparing statistical analyses and visualisations
- developing agent-based models, to write papers for leading interdisciplinary journals, leading field journals in business, economics, geography, sociology, or related fields, and/or leading data science conferences
Essential qualifications and experience:
- PhD in Business, Economics, Sociology, Geography, Statistics, Physics, Network Science, Computer Science or related.
- Good skills in statistics and visualization techniques.
- Experience with statistical software applications.
- Good programming skills (like Python, R).
- Professional command of the English language.
- Publications in top field- or interdisciplinary journals
- Publications related to the research topics
- Experience related to the proposed research projects
- Affinity to computational social science if PhD is in computer science/physics
Remuneration and benefits:
- Time devoted to research, travel support, etc.
- A competitive salary (2000 EUR equivalent, paid in HUF)
- One-time relocation support for candidates moving to Hungary
- Additional benefits via ’Cafeteria’ allowance
The applications shall be submitted on this link
and by following the instructions at the bottom of the webpage. Applicants should send their CV, publication list, motivation letter, and the name and contact information of one reference person. For any questions, please contact email@example.com
The application deadline is on 31 October 2023.